San Diego Opera’s AIDA
- Friday, October 25
- The Civic Theater at 7.30pm
- Private drinks reception commencing at 5.30pm till curtain time, and a pre-show talk at 6.40 for those who wish to attend.
Ancient Egypt is re-created through the beauty of the music and accentuated by the stunning theatrical details of larger-than-life set elements, costumes, a full symphonic orchestra and chorus, and a world-class cast. Performed in its entirety, Aida is one of opera’s most beloved scores. This production features new and imaginative staging with all the theatrical and musical elements down-stage centre for you to see. SDO’s acclaimed chorus and San Diego’s incredible Symphony Orchestra will be on stage throughout.
Please purchase your already discounted tickets at the special SD Opera website HERE, including the private reception, and no ticketing fee.
Approximate run time: 2 hours and 50 minutes. Sung in Italian with projected English translations.
La Jolla Playhouse: 1-Play Package now on sale!
Don’t miss the San Diego premiere of “Cambodian Rock Band”, a story about survivors, the resilient bond of family, and the enduring power of music.
This theater event features:
- 6:30 pm reception with appetizers, wine, beer, soda
- 7:15 pm panel discussion – artistic chat
- 8:00 pm play
Ticket sales end on October 31, 2019. Buy your tickets today before this event is sold-out!
Questions: contact La Jolla Playhouse Patron Services at (858) 550-1010 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Saturday Nov 23rd 2019, SAVE the DATE!
Come join your fellow Yale Alumni as the Bulldogs take on that other team from Cambridge. Details to follow shortly.
Please welcome Yale Professor Murray Biggs for the 6th Annual Theater Weekend in San Diego, Feb 14th — 16th
This 48 hour theatrical immersion program includes pre- and post-show commentary, shared meals, and hotel accommodations designed not only for Yale alumni but for anyone else interested in high-quality theater around the country.
This three-play series includes the following:
- Jitney, the 1970s segment of August Wilson’s ten-play “Pittsburgh” chronicle of 20th-century African American experience.
- Babette’s Feast, a dramatization of the novella by Isak Dinesen.
- The Great Leap (2018), about an American college basketball team in Beijing, by Lauren Yee, Yale College ’07 and Professor Biggs’ former student!
The charge for the program, including single room occupancy, is $1,265 per person. Double occupancy is discounted to $1,065 per person. For those not requiring hotel accommodation, the cost is $890 per person. These are total prices. If you haven’t already signed up for this sensation-filled weekend, please don’t delay. This weekend always sells out. And do pass the word to any others who might be interested.
Registration requests and further questions may be found by directly contacting Professor Biggs at email@example.com .