Hosted by the Yale Club of Santa Barbara, please join fellow So Cal Yalies to welcome An Evening with Dean of Yale College Marvin Chun.
Marvin Chun is Dean of Yale College and the Richard M. Colgate Professor of Psychology, with secondary appointments in the Cognitive Science Program and the Yale School of Medicine Department of Neuroscience. He leads a cognitive neuroscience laboratory that uses functional brain imaging to study how people see, attend, remember, and perform optimally.
Registration and further details may be found HERE.
Cornell is looking forward to hosting the upcoming March Ivy and Friends Happy Hour.
Who: Ivy Plus Alumni and Friends
What: Monthly Happy Hour
When: Thursday, March 5th, 6 PM – 8 PM
Why: Network with fellow alumni from top colleges and universities
Where: BJ’s Restaurant & Brewhouse, Patio, 8785 Villa La Jolla Dr, La Jolla, CA 92037
There will be a patio space reserved at BJ’s Restaurant & Brewhouse in La Jolla.
Oxford/Cambridge vs Harvard/Yale
Trivia Challenge Match
Once again it’s a battle of the minds for the popular and hotly contested Trivia Challenge Match. Who will take home the coveted Trivia Challenge Belt—Harvard/Yale or Oxford/Cambridge? Please join us to ensure your team wins this most important prize along with valuable bragging rights.
Try to arrive by 6.30pm to get some food and drinks at the always enjoyable Shakespeare Pub & Grille, and be ready for the contest at 7.00pm.
Come join the Yale Club of San Diego for another Yale Day of Service. This annual event is a popular and worthy way to give back to your community. There is reserved space for up to 15 volunteers.
Volunteers sign up to participate by using the easy steps provided below. This helps us collect volunteer waivers, allows us to know how many volunteers to expect, and makes the sign in process for your group members much smoother.
Service Site: Feeding San Diego
Service Location: 9455 Waples Street, Suite 135 San Diego, CA 92121
Service Date/Time: 9-11AM on Saturday, May 9.
How Group Members Sign Up Online
- Visit http://vhub.at/fsd
- Click “Sign in” in the upper right-hand corner and follow the steps as instructed.
- During this step, you will be asked to enter your groups join code: 2549
- After you sign in or create an account, look for your group volunteer shift on the calendar.
- Click the “Sign Up” button to the left of your group’s volunteer shift.
- Each Volunteer will receive a confirmation email when signed up successfully.
- All volunteers must wear closed-toe shoes.
- Volunteers must be 6 and older to volunteer.
- Any volunteers not signed up online must bring a paper waiver, to include a parent or guardian signature if under 18 years.
- Make an impact! Bring a donation of nonperishable food like peanut butter, canned vegetables, or canned chicken.
Megan Schirmacher (PC93)
Each year the Yale Book Award is presented to high school juniors from selected high schools in the San Diego area in recognition of their outstanding personal character and intellectual promise. Please join your fellow alumni to meet and greet these exceptional students and their parents.
Save the Date!
- May 10 2020
- 2:00pm – 4:00pm
- La Jolla Riford Public Library, 7555 Draper Ave, La Jolla, CA 92037